Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Favs of 2012

While trying to find something fun to cap off this year I'm deciding to do my "Favs" of 2012. I'm taking this both seriously and lightly. Hopefully you find something from this post amusing.

We'll start with MUSIC (because that's the first thing that came to mind):

Favorite Album: Seven Swans - Sufjan Stevens. I know it's an oldie, but it really clicked with me this year

Favorite Song: Inspector Norse - Todd Terje. Got my fill of dancing for the next few years with this track

Favorite Artist: Bibio

Top Song to Listen to Under the Stars: Mind Bokeh - Bibio

Favorite Mountain Hiking Song: For the Widows In Paradise, for the Fatherless In Ypsilanti - Sufjan Stevens

Favorite Jazz Album: Invisible Man - Ely Guerra

Favorite 80's Funk Artist: Future World Orchestra

Favorite Dance Album: >album title goes here< - Deadmau5

Favorite Classic Artist: Led Zeppelin 

Favorite Discovered Artist: Peter Broderick

Favorite Music Video: Toro y Moi - So Many Details


VISUAL ARTS

Favorite Film: (I'm cheating with this one since it actually came out in 2011) Tree of Life

Favorite Action Film: Bourne Legacy

Favorite Adventure Film: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Most Inspiring Director: Christopher Nolan

Favorite Documentary: SENNA

Favorite Television Show: It's definitely a tie between Arrested Development and Breaking Bad

Favorite Youtube Channel: Jack Vale or Edbassmaster


RANDOM

Favorite Snack: Puppy Chow

Favorite Place to Camp: Moab, Utah

Favorite Hike: Angels Landing, Zion National Park, Utah

Favorite Purchase: Nikon D800

Favorite Trip: I did a 10 day road trip to California with my good friend Zak Hood over spring break

Favorite State: Utah

Favorite National Park: Big Bend National Park, Texas

Favorite Car: Lamborghini Aventador

Favorite Retail Store: REI

Favorite Online Store: eBay (my life)

Favorite Restaurant: Restaurant Führich, Vienna Austria

Favorite Thing To Do: Drive for hours late into the night

Favorite Memory: My friend Rob and I were able to sneak our way into the Summer Palace in Vienna late at night after the property closed. We explored hundreds of acres of the dark property without a human in sight. I remember climbing on top the famous fountain there after it had turned off. We could see all of Vienna from the top.

Favorite Software: Still and always: Photoshop CS6

Favorite New Thing I'm Trying: Journaling

Favorite Blog: ISO50

Favorite Drink: Schilcher Sturm


I'm trying my best to come up with more, but I guess I'm not as creative as I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment