Friday, December 14, 2012

Audio Highlight - Sufjan Stevens - Futile Devices (Shigeto Remix)



  For me, this Audio Highlight is a dream to write about. This track integrates two of my all-time favorite artists. I adore Sufjan Stevens for his approach to songwriting. His music assimilates a reason of adventure and freedom so well. He's my go-to for road trips and uncertain escapades. Ironically, Shigeto happens to sit high in my favorites as well. First, he's released under my favorite record label, Ghostly International, and second I love how Shigeto blends his Japanese heritage incredibly melodiously with innovative electronic beats and patterns. 
  To hear this track is a fantasy for me. Shigeto's mangled, twisted low-key beat is a flawless union with Sufjan's relaxed vocals and acoustic piano. 
  I'd love to hear more collaboration between these two brilliant artists. Enjoy the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment