Thursday, October 4, 2012

Audio Highlight - Lusine Icl - Without Standing



Today I highlight one of my favorite ambient artists. Lusine Icl specializes in ambient and electronic music. His electronic work is authored under Lusine and his ambient pieces are authored by Lusine Icl. As Lusine Icl, Jeff McIlwain exhibits significant tones and emotion through his passion for field recordings and his electronic background.

The song I am featuring today is called 'Without Standing' from Lusine Icl's album "Language Barrier". This song especially has always had a sweet spot with me. I feel like it's open to all imagination. As if no dream is distant. The small tastes of piano are so artfully inserted. They sound like raindrops feel. Layered on top an eery bed of synth, this track makes me picture a beautiful apocalyptic love story. It's my go-to song as I drive through the city of Chicago late at night during a rain storm. I perceive a world of opportunity; a place that's just a small reach away.

No comments:

Post a Comment